Miscarriage is the spontaneous loss of a fetus before the 20th week of pregnancy. Cause usually become the natural state of women, without regard to medical or surgical abortion. The most cases, a miscarriage happens before the 12th week of pregnancy.
According to the Mayo clinic, 15 to 20 percent of pregnancies end in miscarriage, and often there are cases when women have a miscarriage happens, and she doesn’t even know that was pregnant. Studies have also shown that chemically or artificially induced pregnancy (e.g. in vitro fertilization) often ends in miscarriage than regular pregnancies.
The content of the article
Causes of miscarriage
A miscarriage in the early stages of beremennostey miscarriage is not caused by medical or surgical, you need to understand what could be his reason? There are several factors that can trigger and increase the risk of miscarriage:
- infection in early pregnancy;
- the impact of environmental toxins (heavy smog or chemical spillage);
- hormonal disorders and (or) pathology of the thyroid gland;
- pathology of the uterus;
- pathology of the cervix;
- lifestyle (Smoking, alcohol, drugs, junk food, malnutrition, etc.);
- immunological disorders;
- heart disease or diabetes;
- the radiation exposure;
- pathology genes or chromosomes;
- psychological, emotional or physical trauma.
Sometimes the cause of miscarriage is very difficult to determine and remains unknown. Some women may be a genetic predisposition to frequent miscarriages, so I advise You to check the family tree, with both parents, in order to identify hereditary traits.
Types and signs of miscarriage
Often spontaneous abortion is a process, not an event. There are several types of miscarriages and each has its own set of characteristics:
- risk of miscarriage: accompanied by uterine bleeding, cramps and back pain;
- incomplete miscarriage: pain in the abdomen and back, the opening of the cervix, bleeding;
- miscarriage: the embryo or foetus out of the uterus. Required ultrasound or surgical curettage;
- failed abortion: it usually happens at the time of death of the embryo. Often shows no signs or symptoms of miscarriage, and miscarriage is not confirmed as long as the ultrasound does not show the absence of heartbeat in the fetus;
- habitual miscarriage: three or more miscarriages that happen in the first trimester of pregnancy;
- a blighted ovum: a fertilized egg attaches to the uterine wall, but fetal growth is absent;
- ectopic pregnancy: the fertilized egg never reaches the uterus usually begins to develop in the fallopian tubes. This is a serious and life-threatening condition, help with where you want to provide immediately to avoid subsequent complications for the mother;
- molar pregnancy: this occurs because of a genetic error during fertilization that leads to pathological tissue growth in the uterus.
Symptoms of miscarriage
Symptoms of miscarriage may include:
- vaginal bleeding or spotting (the color of the highlight can vary from pink to red and brown);
- cramps, back pain, abdominal pain.
If You are pregnant and You have any of these symptoms be sure to consult your doctor or midwife.
Prevention of miscarriage
When the genetic predisposition to miscarriages prevent them, but there are methods that can help to minimize all other potential risks the loss of a child.
When planning a pregnancy
- a healthy, nutritious diet;
- stress management;
- maintaining a healthy body weight;
- treatment of existing health problems;
- the intake of folic acid and prenatal vitamins;
- avoiding harmful habits;
- consultation with a doctor about testing for infertility and preparing for pregnancy.
- stay away from smokers;
- avoid exposure to toxic environment – emissions, chemical leaks or radiation;
- limit caffeine intake;
- limit classes contact sports;
- protect the abdomen;
- provide healthy diet and suitable for pregnant women.
Steps in miscarriage
If a woman has a miscarriage – the first thing the doctor must take care to prevent infection, stop bleeding and remove tissue in order to maintain the condition of the mother. Depending on the type and stage of miscarriage, there are different types of treatments that vary from conventional medications prior to surgery. After confirmation of abortion is very important to follow the doctor’s orders.
Naturally, after such an event is emotional and psychological recovery can take longer than physical. Don’t be afraid to ask for support from your loved ones. Give yourself time. If You are experiencing symptoms of depression or emotional stress be sure to consult Your doctor for advice on further treatment. When You’re ready to get pregnant, talk to your doctor about steps by which You can avoid repeated miscarriage.