Today we will tell you about such a modern and popular diagnostic method as hysterography (its full name — hysterosalpingography, but because of the greater phonetic simplicity in daily use more often used the first option). Hysterography — especially “women’s” method used in gynecology to determine the causes of infertility and other diseases of the uterus.
The content of the article
How is hysterography
The following stage of heteroreticular hysterography done on an empty stomach. In exceptional cases (if excessive sensitivity of the uterus to a third-party interventions) allowed local anesthesia.
Depending on how used medical equipment, there are x-ray and ultrasonic hysterography.
Conducting x-ray hysterography
X-ray hysterography provides for the introduction into the uterus of a special contrast media (this can be Urografin, Urotrast, Triombrast, Visipak, etc.), which has the ability to absorb x-rays, which creates the x-ray image the contour of the uterine cavity and fallopian tubes (unless, of course, violated their permeability).
An ultrasound of hysterography
Ultrasound hysterography in the space of the body of the uterus pre-injected solution of sodium chloride at 0.9% (the so-called “saline”), a glucose solution or furatsilina, then proceed directly to ultrasound. The whole process takes no more than an hour (usually 15-20 minutes).
During the procedure the doctor examines the uterus, makes a conclusion about her condition and the fallopian tubes. The x-ray permeability is visible by itself, but when the ultrasound of the uterus on patency can be judged by getting into the fallopian tube entered the solution.
After gastrografin x-ray contrast agent can be displayed when urinating, which is not to be feared.
That can be diagnosed with the help of hysterography
Hysterography helps the gynecologist in the diagnosis of pathological conditions:
- fertility, i.e. the inability to conceive a child in the absence of visible pathologies (i.e., infertility). As you know, one of the causes of infertility is tubal occlusion, which can be a consequence of the transferred inflammatory diseases of the tubes (salpingitis), and of the uterine appendages (adnexitis). Hysterography for sure helps to identify obstruction of the fallopian tubes;
- myoma of the uterus. It is a benign tumor of the uterine myometrium (muscle of the cocoon of the womb). Hysterography clearly visible the moment when the tumor begins to rise above the mucous layer in the lumen of the uterine cavity;
- the endometriosis. In this disease the endometrium (the tissue that forms the mucous layer of the uterus) begins to migrate from point of deployment in the fallopian tubes, ovaries, myometrium, i.e. in those places where he was to be there is no need;
- polyps in the uterus.
Contraindications to hysterography
It should, however, warn against hysterography pregnant women, and those in the midst of inflammatory process in the pelvis.
What you need to know before hysterography
Hysterography one way or another involves invasion of the uterine cavity through the vagina foreign agent, which acts as the drug solution. Under normal conditions, the cervix provides protection adjacent the cavity from getting into it different kinds of infections. However, before hysterography need to make sure the bacterial purity of the vagina by laboratory studies of bioprobe (smear) taken from the surface of the vaginal mucosa and cervical canal.
If the patient in the anamnesis are present infectious diseases of the urinary tract (adnexitis, dysbiosis of vagina, candidal vulvovaginitis (thrush), etc.), before the procedure should, whenever possible, entirely avoided.
Yes, with regard to the integration of hysterography in the menstrual cycle, the procedure should be carried out in a temporary “backlash” from 8 to 25 day.
Possible complications of discografia
Despite the intimidating title of this Chapter, to be afraid there is nothing special: complications after this procedure are rare. However, we offer you a list of all the possible negative effects that may manifest themselves after hysterography:
- nagging dull pain in the abdomen. And when the load was added and the temperature high, the two opinions cannot be: the uterine cavity still penetrated infection;
- individual intolerance to the input for diagnostic purposes drug. Is expressed in the form of allergic reactions (itching, burning, shortness of breath), to suppress which before the procedure is used antiallergic medicines;
- the development of the inflammatory process in the endometrium, epididymis, etc. This side effect is associated with errors in carrying out the procedure of hysterography.
If any of the above negative phenomena should immediately visit a doctor.