Vaginal dysbiosis (bacterial vaginosis) — a condition violated the qualitative and quantitative balance of the vaginal microflora, is familiar to many women. It can be a long time does not manifest itself (vaginosis does not provide for the obligation of inflammation), and the first visit to the gynecologist it happens only when odor or vaginal discharge will become too alert.
The content of the article
The microflora of the vagina: this is who we have living in there?
Treatment of vaginal dysbiosis (bacterial vaginosis) the Vagina is a comfortable receptacle for a variety of bacteria and fungi. This whole ecosystem in miniature is controlled by hormonal and immune systems of the body, and through the influence of lactic acid bacteria of the intestine. The failure of any of these systems “supervision and control” is able to sow discord in this is so important for women (and men, why we confess) on: changing the properties of vaginal mucus, that could not adversely affect the epithelium of the vagina.
Basic vaginal “colonists” — lactobacilli of different species. Thanks to them, the vagina is supported firmly acidic environment that keeps other bacterial roam “tribes” (including Gardnerella and Mycoplasma).
The other two pillars, in addition to lactobacilli, which keeps the “law and order” in the vagina — hormonal and immune systems. The first controls the number and diversity of microflora, by acting on the receptors of the vaginal mucosa, which attach the bacteria: when fluctuation of hormonal the number of receptors also varies. The immune system also regulates the penetration of bacteria in the vaginal mucous membrane with immunoglobulin A, which inhibits all the bacterial “encroachments”.
Causes of vaginal dysbiosis
- the first two reasons (put them in order too not to spread the idea of the tree) — echo of the previous Chapter: a violation of hormonal background and lowered immunity. Some gynecological and endocrine disorders make disharmony in the cyclical fluctuations of female sex hormones in the blood, changing the frequency of updating of the vaginal epithelium and changing the properties of its cells. With reduced immunity, respectively, decreases the concentration of secretory antibodies, which can not affect the microflora of the vagina;
- changes in intestinal microflora. Violation of its bacterial composition have a direct impact on vaginal microflora;
- antibiotics. These drugs have an antibacterial effect, but often “with water splashes and child”: the drug kills not only harmful bacteria target, but also negatively affects the microflora of the intestine and urinary tract;
- excessive hygiene of the genital tract, the constant use of soap in the care of the vagina, douching;
- present diseases of the urinary tract.
The symptoms of vaginal dysbiosis
In this case, it is impossible to give a specific list of symptoms as “palette” of the signs of this pathological condition is strongly tied to the composition of the microflora and overall health. However, the clinical picture of vaginal desmadrosas has many features in common.
- selection. Scarce or abundant, white or grayish, with an unpleasant “fish” smell. It is noticed that their discharge aktiviziruyutsya during menstruation or after sexual contact. Pus provoke another symptom is that the adhesion of the labia minora;
- chronic vaginal itching, worse during menstruation. When urinating — a burning sensation;
- pain during sexual contact;
- often vaginose joins vaginitis, ie inflammation of the vaginal mucosa.
Diagnosis of the disease
Includes pelvic exam and, as usual, take required tests. During gynecological examination the doctor evaluates the nature of the discharge, with a mirror celebrates the pus on the surface of the mucosa and sends the patient for laboratory studies, most of which is under the microscope smear from the vaginal mucosa. With the help of this study revealed a culture (or cultures) of bacteria, actively settled in the lining of the uterus and vagina. If you suspect a bacterial infection is carried bacteriological examination, when the biomaterial of the patient is planted in a special culture to identify the culprit of the infection and the selection of the target antibiotic. Also used amino test and determination of pH value of the secret vagina.
Dysbacteriosis of the vagina requires medical intervention. Treatment involves two stages. First, spend local antibacterial therapy, “acidified” pH, appoint as needed the immunomodulators, antihistamines, estrogen. Vaginal dysbiosis (bacterial vaginosis) in early pregnancy (first trimester) to treat not recommended.
A second phase of treatment is the restoration of the former flora, what it’s used for bacterial preparations-eubiotics (Baktisubtil, hilak Forte, Linex). They should begin to take 2-3 days after the end of the first stage of treatment. The sequence of phases of treatment must be strictly observed. As a related means taking vitamins, biogenic stimulators.
The success of treatment is assessed by the disappearance of characteristic symptoms and the results of repeated tests that need to be done a week after the end of treatment, and then a month later repeat.
In the process of treatment of dysbacteriosis of the vagina the woman should practice protected sex. Ideally, examination of the sexual partner.