Pregnancy and child birth is an extraordinary time in the life of every woman. Her entire body during this period is reconstructed and begins to work in new ways. Varies the intensity of metabolism (metabolism), endocrine glands, increases the level of hormones, the redistribution of vitamins and nutrients.
The content of the article
Vitamins for pregnant women: lack and peredozirovka to handle the load that the body includes the physiological mechanisms of adaptation: increases cardiovascular, urinary system and musculoskeletal system. Pregnant women have increased blood volume and heart rate (tachycardia), for others change habitual emotional responses. Under the influence of progesterone reduces peripheral vascular tone and blood viscosity. During the second trimester reduced systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Thus, the body includes all mechanisms for the protection of mother and unborn child. The main task of women – to support your body during pregnancy, on the way to childbirth. You must consider the fact that pregnancy significantly increases the need for vitamins and minerals.
Women must adjust your diet. The consequences of vitamin deficiency (avitaminosis) and micronutrients can be extremely difficult for both the mother and unborn child. Therefore, already at the planning stage of pregnancy, expectant mothers must use vitamin and mineral supplements as an additional source of valuable nutrients (nutrients). This will reduce the risk of avitaminosis and deficiency of macro – and micronutrients in the first trimester of pregnancy.
What are the risks of nutrient deficiency for mother and fetus?
Most often there is a deficiency of b vitamins (especially folic acid), ascorbic acid (vitamin C), vitamin A (retinol), vitamin E (tocopherol), calcium, iron and zinc. If you do not carry out adequate prevention and treatment, the mother may develop:
- osteoporosis of the spine;
- caries and periodontal disease;
- iron deficiency anemia;
- hemodynamic instability and blood loss;
- allergic reactions;
- decrease in immunity.
As the child gets all nutrients from the mother, then it significantly increases the risk of congenital diseases:
- violation of psychological development
- congenital heart disease;
What is the danger of an overdose (hypervitaminosis) vitamin for pregnant women?
The simultaneous use of multiple vitamin-mineral complexes can lead to overdose and hypervitaminosis. All the vitamins are biologically active substances, overdose which is also dangerous for the mother and fetus, as well as their deficit.
- Hypervitaminosis retinol (vitamin A) causes kidney dysfunction and disorders of the Central nervous system. Overdose of vitamin A is able to be teratogenic — cause birth defects of the fetus.
- Excess folic acid (vitamin B9) in the body of the pregnant woman increases the risk of asthmatic diseases in the newborn.
- Overdose of calcium may reduce the bioavailability of iron and zinc and promotes stone formation in the kidneys. The daily requirement for calcium for pregnant women is 1,000 mg (1 g).
- Increased concentration of iron in the blood pregnant can catalyze the processes of free radical oxidation, resulting in damaged myocardium and vessel walls.
Be responsible about the planning of pregnancy. In reasonable quantities eat fresh greens, vegetables and fruits – all natural foods that are a source of natural vitamin-mineral complexes. With the help of a doctor pick a vitamin complex and an adequate daily dose. And remember the words of the saying: “Everything is good in moderation!”.