When we think about influenza, SARS and other cold-related “nastiness”? In late autumn, before the period of expansion of morbidity. But the chlamydia should not be forgotten during the entire calendar year, especially for those who likes speaking Aesopian language, new friends, new experiences… do Not dare to call chlamydia the most common sexual infection, the more that different sources assign him the leadership in this milopotamou nomination, awarded the epithet “one”.
Although this is, by and large, not so important: it is clear that the incidence of chlamydia is so high that it is time to beat all the bells. Chlamydia, of course, hepatitis and tuberculosis, but insufficiently serious attitude towards it can lead to serious complication, such as infertility.
Chlamydia is caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis, parasitic within the cells it shares with the virus. Affects not only, as expected, the genitourinary system, but also bone, visual system.
Causes of chlamydia
Infection in the majority of cases are sexually transmitted. Until recently it was believed that this is the only way of transmission (keeping in mind also the possibility of infection of the newborn when it passes through the birth canal of an infected mother). Because chlamydia outside of the human body is by no means a model of steadfastness and quickly “gives the oak.” But still contact-household transmission of the microorganism is possible, and this was confirmed: as it turned out, chlamydia retains the ability to existence on the common goods (utensils, towels and other cotton fabric) up to 2 days at room temperature. Thus, in baths, basins, toilets need to be alert.
However, the leading role in the infection of chlamydia belongs sexual way. The risk of infection during unprotected sexual contact is 50: 50, this means that the condom is rightly called the “product number 1” to enter the gentleman’s set “young rake” is mandatory.
A condom protects against infection with chlamydia
Increases the risk of infection and at early adult relationships at an early age, weakened immunity, due to the use of oral contraception (this contributes to the rejection of the condom, creating the preconditions for the infection), with increasing number of sexual partners.
The symptoms of chlamydia
First, as usual, chlamydia does not extradite its presence in the human body: the immune system does not recognize it, and the germ, however, still allocates a special protective substance. Latent period of the disease lasts 2 to 4 weeks. Then there are two options: chlamydia and will be asymptomatic (this happens in 50% of men and 70% women who, without knowing it, “sow reasonable, kind, eternal”, how can their libido) or begin to deliver to the bearer certain hardships and adversities.
Symptoms of chlamydia in women:
- whitish or yellow discharge from the vagina with the smell of stale fish;
- during sex and after bleeding;
- lower abdominal pain or pelvic pain;
- the act of urination becomes extremely unpleasant, because there itching and burning;
- pain during sexual contact;
- possible small rise of temperature with feeling of General malaise.
Symptoms of chlamydia in men:
- whitish discharge from the urethra of the penis;
- itching and burning sensation when urinating;
- lumbar and genital pain, swelling of the testicles;
- the presence in urine of threadlike streaks of pus, its clouding;
- low-grade fever, weakness.
In some cases, may develop anal chlamydia. In this case, the above-described separation and bleeding are observed in the rectum. It is also possible chlamydia of the throat, which may discharge from the eyes (chlamydial conjunctivitis).
Tests for chlamydia chlamydialike
Chlamydia from a diagnostic point of view is quite difficult disease. Because of the considerable cost of diagnostic procedures he brings good dividends paid medical centres. There are several ways of diagnosis of chlamydia. And each has its advantages and disadvantages:
- microscopic examination is the easiest method in which specially stained smear with passion studying under a microscope. But to identify the disease in this way can be no more than 10% of cases, because usually chlamydia is a chronic infection and, therefore, microorganisms penetrate in the thickness of the mucous membranes, where the swab is not possible;
- method of sowing of chlamydia on culture of living cells. This highly sensitive method allows to “cut” machine gun two birds with one stone: to identify chlamydia and pick up a selective antibiotic. But this method is quite laborious and demanding for the used laboratory equipment;
- REEF-a method in which biological material of the patient is first processed by the immune serum, which contains protivoallergennye antibodies, and then exposed to a fluorescent reagent. The sample is examined under a microscope. Present in it chlamydia stand out clearly among other content. Sensitivity this method will not yield the previous (if not more). However, RIF does not allow to differentiate dead from live chlamydia, which often pushes the doctor to the appointment is absolutely not required re-treatment. In this regard, this method is only good for the initial diagnosis and post-therapeutic method as a good previous;
- polymerase chain reaction (which few know) or PCR (which everyone knows). The method shows almost perfect result, but it is very “capricious”. If in the material there is even the slightest impurities — accurate results can not get.
Treatment of chlamydia
How many doctors — so many different regimens for treatment of chlamydia. But there are common determined not by years, without medical principles originality: is antibiotic therapy. In this case, tetratziklinovogo several antibiotics (tetracycline, doxycycline), fluoroquinolones (ofloxacin, abaktal), macrolides (azithromycin, erythromycin). Mandatory shown receiving immunomodulators (genferon®, cycloferon, neovir).
For chlamydia in pregnant women focus on the safety of the antibiotic. Such is spiramycin (rovamycin).
This article in any case should not be taken a guide to action: the self here is not the place. You can “spoil” yourself, then you will not have to work any antibiotic.
During treatment should refrain from sexual intercourse, alcohol consumption. If your doctor has prescribed tetracycline, the diet is deleted all the dairy products, sodas and limited to stay under direct sunlight, because the skin in this period fotocencibilisirutee, and can be burnt.
The average course of treatment, chlamydia lasts for around 3 weeks, sometimes more. The family should not be treated one: treatment of both partners. After treatment, a month later, conducted a second survey.