The cervix, despite its endogenous localization, is quite traumatic. Performing a transit role between the vagina and uterus, it is the first to suffer from the adverse effects of various factors, whether it be injury during childbirth, inflammatory processes or hormonal shift. Therefore, the risk to get the “gift” in the form of damage to the lining of the cervix epithelial cells erosion is very high.
The content of the article
Unlike the pseudo from the true erosion of the cervix
Erosion cervical medicinal of the cervix is lined by a single layer of cylindrical epithelium. The entrance of the canal into the vagina is covered with layers of stratified epithelium. Between these two layers there is a clear line presented an external opening of the cervical canal. Why I so in detail at this stop? The fact that it is very important to separate the true erosion of the cervix, of which the above was discussed, from the so-called pseudo-erosion. In the latter case as such damage to the epithelium does not occur, and the replacement of the multilayer epithelium of vaginal part of cervix is cylindrical, with the result that around the external opening of the cervical canal redness. This is pseudo or ectopia. It can be congenital and acquired. Congenital pseudo found not less than half of women under the age of 40 years, occurs without obvious symptoms, not degenerates into the malignant tissue and does not require any specific treatment. Acquired pseudo — the consequences true of erosion, which after 2-3 weeks transformirovalsya the pseudo: in place of stratified epithelium appears cylindrical.
Causes of cervical erosion
- inflammation due to infectious urogenital diseases. Here you can “try” chlamydia, Trichomonas, Ureaplasma, gonococci, streptococci, staphylococci, Candida, human papilloma virus… Standing out from the canal of the cervix, the inflammatory secret affects multilayered epithelium, leading first to the separation of epithelial cells, and then to the exfoliation of the epithelium;
- early or late “start” of sexual activity, disordered (rare or frequent) sexual relations;
- injuries during childbirth, abortion, sexual intercourse, surgical intervention;
- malfunction of the immune or hormonal systems.
The symptoms of cervical erosion
It is difficult to write about the symptoms if they are practically absent. It would seem that this is good: no symptoms — no disease condition, discomfort. In fact, in the absence of symptoms is the main intrigue of cervical erosion. Disease, know yourself, develops, and the woman doesn’t suspect anything. But then, when she comes to the gynecologist, she was waiting for a very unpleasant surprise. To prevent such situation, it at least twice a year to have a pelvic exam.
Sometimes symptoms are present in the form of a Muco-purulent or bloody discharge not related to menstruation, pain during sexual contact. In this case, you should immediately contact the antenatal clinic. Early diagnosis is the key to successful treatment.
Diagnosis of cervical erosion
Colposcopy — the visual method of diagnosis of cervical erosion
First a visual inspection with the aid of gynaecological mirror. Making sure the cervix was something wrong, the doctor prescribes a series of tests and studies:
- colposcopy to determine the precise localization of the damaged areas of the epithelium;
- the study is shed epithelial cells isolated from the cervical canal under a microscope to identify the inflammatory process and the possible presence of malignant tumors;
- the definition of pathogen infection by PCR or inoculation of culture media;
- a biopsy (in the case of suspected cancer).
Treatment of cervical erosion
Treatment is determined by the type and size of erosion, and the presence of opportunistic infections.
Congenital pseudo requires constant supervision, over time it usually disappears.
The true erosion of a no-brainer to eliminate. Since the vast majority of cases of true erosion is infection, the first step is to destroy its pathogen. This is achieved by taking antibiotics. Is also symptomatic therapy anti-inflammatory drugs and immunotherapy. In marked inflammation of the cervix topically treated with solcoseryl in or Actovegin, sea buckthorn oil, olasolum.
If conservative treatment does not bring the expected results, with repeated relapses, with substantial amounts of erosion the use of surgical methods of treatment (used only in pseudo):
- surgical diathermy or, speaking Russian, cauterization of the tissue a high-frequency electric current. Method traumatic. It should be used only parous women, and then only if they do not plan to get pregnant within the next year;
- cryosurgery or cauterization by liquid nitrogen, the so-called “freezing” of the affected tissues;
- laser therapy. This is one of the best methods of therapy, the use of which is not formed scar tissue on the cervix, and the healing process more rapid.
After procedures are antiseptic and wound-healing ointments or candles which are accepted by the course to 10 days.
Once the result is achieved and erosion is cured, it should be 3 weeks to abstain from sexual contact and excessive exercise.
A history of cervical erosion involves more careful attention to personal hygiene: it is not the erosion itself is an ideal place for the growth of pathogenic microorganisms during menstruation should often change tampons or padding (every three hours), maintain a healthy lifestyle.