Do you like it or not — absolutely does not matter: the usefulness of tea for health, officially confirmed by a number of studies. However, before to start to “fill up to the brim” this wonderful drink, make sure that your tea really is not. This tea is produced from the plant Camellia sinensis. There are only 4 types of tea: green, black, white and Oolong. Everything else (such as the so-called “herbal” tea) is not tea in the technical sense, and infusion.
What has the tea for its healthy properties? The Polyphenols (a type of antioxidant) and phytochemicals — the answer to this question. Although most studies relate to the usefulness of tea green and black version of this drink, white tea and Oolong, too little in what concede to them. Below you can get acquainted with the advantages of tea in detail.
1. Tea increases endurance to physical stress
Scientists discovered that the catechins contained in green tea extract increases the body ‘ s ability to use fat as an energy source, a kind of “fuel” for the muscles, thereby increasing their endurance.
2. Tea reduces the risk of heart attack
And indeed its overall beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system cannot be doubted, and it can be used as a means of prevention of cardiovascular disease.
3. The antioxidants of the tea protect from a whole bunch of oncological diseases
These include: breast cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer, esophageal cancer, stomach cancer, cancer of the small intestine, pancreatic cancer, liver cancer, prostate cancer, ovarian cancer and cancer of the oral cavity. But don’t rely in this case only one tea: it is, of course, useful, but not to the same extent, to rid the world of cancer! And if you consider research in this area in General, their results are rather contradictory.
4. Tea helps fight free radicals
It has a high adsorption capacity in relation to oxygen radicals. This gives grounds to claim that the tea helps to destroy the most free radicals that can damage cellular DNA. The human body itself is “designed” to fight free radicals, but independent attempts in this case are not 100% effective. But at the same time, many scientists see the cause of cardiovascular, neurological and oncological diseases. So the tea help in this noble cause will be most welcome.
5. Tea has a hydrating effect
Despite the contained caffeine (for this reason, many people mistakenly gives it drying properties), tea has a hydrating effect.
6. Tea drinkers less likely to suffer from Parkinson’s disease
Even taking into account other factors, such as Smoking, physical activity, age and body mass index, consumption of tea reduces the risk of the incidence of Parkinson’s disease in men and women.
7. Tea protects you from ultraviolet radiation
We all know how important it is to protect your skin from the sun: otherwise it would be easy to obtain a painful sunburn. And now the good news: green tea has the effect of a sunscreen only applies in contrast to the latter, from the inside. The main thing — do not be confused: the cream— smeared and tea — drinking.
8. The tea will help reduce the circumference of your waist
In one study, those participants who consumed tea had lower waist circumference and body mass index in contrast to the other participants. Scientists believe that regular consumption of tea may reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome (which, in turn, brings diabetes, coronary heart disease and heart attack), but do not forget to emphasise, however, discovered in the course of the study, the interdependence does not prove causation.
9. Tea may reduce individual negative effects of Smoking
The systematic consumption of tea can neutralize the separate negative effects of Smoking and even reduce the risk of lung cancer (of course, this is all very well, but in no way can serve as an indulgence for cigarettes).
10. Tea is especially useful to persons suffering from diabetes type II
Studies show that natural compounds included in green tea help to better metabolize sugar.
11. Tea can accelerate the recovery of the body after exposure to radiation
Scientists have discovered that tea hinders the process of degeneration of cells and helps the skin to recover after exposure to radiation.
12. Green tea increases mineral density and strength костей13. Tea can be an effective profilaktines and therapeutic agent against certain neurological diseases
The brain is susceptible to many factors, among which are, alas, not all are positive. The polyphenols in green tea help to protect this Central “control room” of the nervous system, especially those parts that are responsible for learning and memorization.
Although in General the majority of scholars assess the effect of tea on the positive side is not so clear in the scientific world. So before you pour a liter of this beverage, read the following information:
- do not get carried away excessively hot tea, frequent consumption of which increases the risk of developing esophageal cancer. Give him a few minutes to cool down;
- the rats are not people, and that what works in laboratory animals is not always transferred to the people. For example, tannins (and other beneficial compounds of the tea) have such a high bioavailability in relation to humans compared to rats. Therefore, their beneficial effect does not manifest itself in so high degree;
- tea tea alike. The availability of beneficial ingredients of tea is determined by a number of factors, including product packaging, processing and how it is brewed.
What in the dry residue? Whatever it was, but most importantly, the tea is safe, the main thing — do not overdo it. So do not deny yourself the pleasure!